San Jacinto Celebration
April 22, 2023, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This April, the San Jacinto Battleground will once again hear the booming of cannons, the cracking of musket fire, and the shouts of “Remember the Alamo!”
On Saturday, April 22, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. the 2023 San Jacinto Day Celebration, presented by the San Jacinto Museum and Battlefield Association and the San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site, will be a day of fun, food, history and reenactments celebrating the 187th anniversary of the Battle of San Jacinto. Reenactors dressed in period clothing will make the epic events of April 1836 come alive, and reenactments throughout the day will recreate the dramatic events that led to one of the most decisive and impactful military victories in the history of North America.
Battle of San Jacinto Reenactment:
The Battle of San Jacinto and the surrender of General Santa Anna will come to life during the battle reenactment. The reenactment will be held twice during the day, at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
The Road to San Jacinto:
The Battle of San Jacinto didn’t happen in a vacuum. It was the final chapter to six months of fighting and debate about the future of Texas. Representatives from the other major Texas Revolution sites will be on hand to share their parts in the story that ended with the Battle of San Jacinto.
Step back in time to revolutionary Texas! Hands-on, participatory activities will let you interact with reenactors as they cook food, check weapons, and engage in the daily routines of soldiers and civilians from almost 200 years ago. All activities are family friendly and include fun activities just for kids. Drop in all day long.
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Living History and Activites Area open. Activities will pause during reenactments.
- 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: The Road to San Jacinto presentations happening throughout the day.
- 11:00 a.m. to noon: Battle of San Jacinto Reenactment.
- 3:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Battle of San Jacinto Reenactment.
- Representatives from San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site, Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historic Site, and the Alamo to provide activities throughout the day
- Runaway Scrape area + activities
- Archeological artifacts from the battleground
- Bullet Making
- Cannon Demonstrations
- Weapon Demonstrations
- Medicinal plants
- Making Candy Bullet Cartridges
- Making Cartridge Boxes
- Making Yellow Roses
- 1210 Designs
- 37 & Co. Home Decor LLC
- City of Deer Park
- CREACIONES IsaSerr
- Flower Power Accessories
- His World Maps
- Jeanette's Trinkets
- La Porte Roofing
- MaxHome LLC
- Maybelline’s Emporium of Kernel Pleasures
- Pizarro Sisters Crafts & Things
- Robinson's Photo Gallery
- Scrap Metal Magic
- Space City Credit Union
- The Glimmer of Hope Crafts
- The Spirit of Texas
- Village Medical
Food Vendors and Trucks
- Bellaire Inc.
- Gelu Italian Ice Baytown
- Ice Cream Creations and More
- L&V Catering LLC
Sons and Daughters of the Republic of Texas
- San Jacinto Chapter of the Daughters of The Republic of Texas
- Sidney Sherman Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Deaf Smith Sherman Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- San Jacinto Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Lamar Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Lone Star Chapter of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Stephen F Austin Chapter Six of the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Association of Texas Professional Educators
- Bay Area Weavers and Spinners
- Old Fort Velasco Historical Association
- Pasadena Coin Club
- PFC Matthew K Guyon Foundation
- San Jacinto Descendants
- Walk to End Alzheimer - Southeast Alzheimer's Chapter
The San Jacinto Museum will be open to visitors.
Parking is extremely limited. Ride shares and carpooling are encouraged and appreciated. A drop off location near the San Jacinto Monument will be provided.
For more information about the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-479-2421. For information about sponsorships, contact Kali Ellis at KEllis@sanjacinto-museum.org or call 281-4792421 x018.
< Back to News and Events