San Jacinto Celebration - Under the star
Adults $12 Children 11 and under $6, includes museum admission and free parking; tickets can be purchased at the gate or through EventBrite.
Celebrate the Battle of San Jacinto and Texas Independence on Saturday, April 17, 2021, at a family-friendly event on the grounds surrounding the San Jacinto Memorial Monument. Open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., a Timeline of the Texas Revolution will present the events leading up to the Battle of San Jacinto, including Gonzales, the Alamo, San Felipe de Austin, Goliad, and Washington-on-the-Brazos.
Living history demonstrators will interact with visitors as they cook food, check weapons, and engage in the daily routines of Texans of 1836.
Parking will be in lots along Vista Road; a parking map will be posted before the event.
- Penny-farthing rider (1870s bicycle) and juggler
- Texas Flyer Trackless Train
- Bluegrass musicians around the Beer Garden
- Historical Storyteller
- Representatives from the Texas Independence Trail
- Local cities will share a Tourism Trail
- Run-In-Late Country Band, performing traditional Texas Country, Pop, Soft Rock, and some Island music.
- Vendor booths with hand-crafted items
- Representatives from the Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Food trucks
- Petting zoo
This event is coordinated by these partners:
Houston Food Truck Association
La Porte EMS
San Jacinto College volunteers
San Jacinto Museum of History
Texas Historical Commission
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
< Back to News and Events