- CATEGORY: T&E FOR SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
- MEASUREMENTS: 5 1/2"H x 2"Dia.
- DATE MADE: late 19th century to early 20th century
Clear glass apothecary bottle (a) with round stopper (b). Bottle is seamed. Glass covered label reads "P. TRAGACAN." [Powdered Tragacanth] Contains whitish powder.
Used as a stabiling agent in suspensions. From the New Braunfels drug store of Henry V. Schumann (2/18/1868-5/22/1942). Schumann graduated from the Maryland College of Pharmacy, Baltimore 3/26/89. He bought out the store of Axex Resczynski and opend for business 10/8/90. During the administration of Governor Colquitt he was on the State Board of Pharmacy. He was a member of the Board of Pharmaceutical Examiners of his judicial district. He married Miss Elfriede Hoffman, the donor, 4/30/92.
- ASSOCIATED INDIVIDUAL: Schumann, Henry V. and Alex Reszczynski
- CREDIT LINE: Schumann, Mrs. Henry