- CATEGORY: PERSONAL ARTIFACTS
- MEASUREMENTS: 1 5/8"H x 3"W
- DATE MADE: early 19th century
Pair of knee buckles. Base metal openwork buckle inset with faceted clear brilliants. Two-pronged central arm fastener. Curved shape.
Belonged to Moses Austin. The donor stipulates that Museum records reflect that the object was given by Mrs. Stuart Sherar, Arthur A. Moore, Jr. and J. Perry Moore in memory of their mother, Mrs. Arthur A. Moore, Sr. (nee Emily Margaret Perry).
- ASSOCIATED INDIVIDUAL: Austin, Moses
- CREDIT LINE: Moore, Betty Emery