Teaching grade-school history? Graduate-level military studies? Local culture? Ethnic history? Engineering? Design? We’ve got 1,200 acres of landmarks, landscapes and learning that will bring insight and inspiration to your lessons.
Grass Roots Education
Why take your class to the San Jacinto Museum of History? Because it provides the perfect environment for your students to:
- Get excited about history
- Examine their lives more objectively
- See artifacts from the past
- Research very specific historical topics
- Learn from the knowledgeable staff
- Appreciate the region’s historical significance
- Learn more about their own heritage
- Enjoy the outdoors
- Blur the destructive boundary between fun and learning
Reserve your field trip today.
The San Jacinto Museum of History is proud to offer this Teacher’s Curriculum Guide to help make your visit to the battleground a more meaningful educational experience. With the aid of this guide, you can teach students to:
- Identify significant people, places, events, and ideas that contributed to the events of the Battle of San Jacinto
- Analyze cause-and-effect relationships with regard to events that took place in the fight for Texas’s freedom
- Recognize the role of Mexican Texans in the victory at San Jacinto
- And much more!
Review a full listing of the curriculum’s objectives and materials by