- Park in the designated handicap space close to the entrance to the circle from Juan Seguin Boulevard (Park Road 1836) for closest proximity to the wheelchair ramp.
- One basic wheelchair is available for use within the museum. If you require assistance, please call the museum at 281.479.2421 and ask for Visitor Services to arrange for its use in advance.
- Space for wheelchair seating is available in the Jesse H. Jones Theatre for Texas Studies.
- Headsets are available to assist hard-of-hearing individuals watching Texas Forever!! The Battle of San Jacinto in the Theatre.
- A visually impaired person touring the exhibit gallery may request a guided tour with a staff member who will escort the guest through the gallery and read exhibit labels.
- On the Observation Deck, there is a step up to look through the viewing scopes that are at some of the windows.
- On the Observation Deck, the windows begin 44 1/2 inches above the floor, and while a seated person can look out to the distance, it may be difficult to look down toward the base of the Monument. Views from the windows are included in the orientation presentation shown on the Observation Deck.