- CATEGORY: PERSONAL ARTIFACTS
- MEASUREMENTS: 10"H x 12"Depth
- DATE MADE: early 19th century
Bonnet, child's. White (stained, discoloered) bonnet, trimmed with lace (circular pattern). Lace trim, 1/2" width. Two sets of drawstrings; two ties at front and two ties at back of bonnet. Large ties (two) at base of bonnet, with a length of 16", width, 1 5/8". Fair condition, moderate discoloration, staining (foxing?). Folds. Ties, severe wrinkling, creasing.
These articles of children's clothing (18372c1-9) belonged to the Reverend and Mrs. James (Rhoda Barton) Huckins. The Huckins' had four daughters born between 1833 and 1845. A brief biography and genealogy is located with the receipt of gift.
- ASSOCIATED INDIVIDUAL: Huckins, Reverend and Mrs. James (Rhoda Barton)
- CREDIT LINE: Creson, Sarah Hawley