- CATEGORY: PERSONAL ARTIFACTS
- MEASUREMENTS: 1 1/4"H x 1 3/8"W
- DATE MADE:
Brooch. Gold brooch with light brown braided hair mounted under glass front. Gold surround decorated with leaf design. Back has safety c-clasp.
Belonged to Mrs. Polena Miller, wife of William H. Miller, veteran of the Battle of San Jacinto. Also worn by their daughter, Zilla Miller, the donor's great grandmother. Zilla Miller married Frederick L. Houston, the nephew of Gen. Sam Houston.
- ASSOCIATED VETERAN: Miller, William H.
- ASSOCIATED INDIVIDUAL: Miller, Polena and Zilla Miller and Frederick L. Houston
- CREDIT LINE: Lynch, Mrs. Oscar